When purchasing ringette equipment, consider these important details:
- Make certain the player is adequately protected with properly fitting equipment.
- The fit of the equipment should allow freedom of movement so the player can properly perform the necessary skills and enjoy the game.
- CSA Approved Helmet
- Facial protector/face mask - CSA Approved Type 5 or Type 6
- Gloves - The same type as used in Hockey
- Elbow pads - The same type as used in Hockey
- Ringette girdle and pants. Hockey pants can be used as well.
- Shin guards
- Skates - The same type as used in Hockey
- BNQ Approved neck guard - regular or with collar.
- Jersey - Practice jersey needed, game jerseys to be provided by Pembina Ringette
- Shoulder pads/Chest protector
- Ringette stick - no taller than armpit height with skates on
A complete set of ringette equipment can be purchased for a reasonable cost. Westlock Home Hardware carries most of the necessary equipment at prices comparable to stores in Edmonton. There are also discount sports stores in St. Albert and Edmonton that buy and sell used equipment. Please keep in mind that the equipment must fit properly to provide maximum protection.